Can you tell I'm aching for fall?! Typically, I enjoy Texas' hot weather, but this summer has been a scorcher...literally record breaking! I'm ready to say "goodbye" to that and "hello" to sweater weather! You know those days when it's just brisk enough to smell a chill in the air and all you want to do is snuggle up under a blanket, drink a nice cup of coffee, and read...well, ok...I'm dreaming a bit. Other than children's books, there's not a whole lot of reading going on around here. I'm thinking that I will greet Fall with the same hustling & bustling as usual. My sweet girls are full of energy and keep me goin' 100 miles an hour! But it's so much fun; I can't complain. I don't really care for freezing cold weather, though. I'm ok with snow being a novelty. ;) When the girls are old enough to care & miss it, we will travel to it! Anyhoo...
Oh, my birthday's tomorrow and aside from the fun of getting my hair done, Ian is taking his ladies to the zoo! T'will be the first time the twins get to go and I'm so excited! I'm also so jazzed about attending Mom to Mom this year with the GBC Southwood ladies on Monday mornings. I would ask for your prayers because it's going to be a little rough on the girls at first. They usually sleep in til 8:30 and the study begins at 9:15; they are also not used to being in the nursery for over 2 hours, so we will need prayers over us and the nursery workers as we learn to adjust. The only bummer to the end of this week is that we're going to a "going away get-together" for our Ludlow & Turner friends. ;( Don't like saying "goodbye". We know the Lord's hand will be upon them as they move and wish them the very best. But they will be missed!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!!








No comments:
Post a Comment