It's been a slow going process, but we're finally on the mend and feeling more like ourselves! Tis the season for sickness, isn't it? :o/ Thank you for your prayers!
Bought the girls new shoes today...size 5! Amazing how much they've grown! They are getting a little stir crazy and aching to go outside. I am so thankful for this coming fall, so that I can let them play outside without having to cake them with sunscreen. Ian and I are on the lookout for some outside play equipment that they can climb on. We have a huge backyard and would love to provide the girls with an area to stretch their legs, but as of right now, there's nothing for them to do outside. They're beginning to view the playroom as, "Been there. Done that." Which is understandable when you play with the same toys in the same environment every day. Ian and I have also been discussing the possibility of day care two days a week. We think it would be really good for them to start being in a class setting with other kids. Not sure when, but we're considering it.
Ian's job is going well, but it's definitely difficult at times. For instance, the constant "bad" that he deals with takes a toll emotionally. He works the 4pm-2am shift, and his days off change every 8 weeks. So the girls & I can't always count on him coming to church with us; he & I can't get into a couples bible study like we wish we could; being on an opposite schedule from the rest of the world makes it hard to have friends over because our weekends are typically mid-week; he & I operate on completely different times, so we rarely get time together alone. Thankfully, through it all, the Lord is the glue that holds Ian and I together! He is a great officer and I am so thankful that he enjoys his job!
If we put the girls in day care, I may consider going back to work part time. I'm not sure, but it's something I'm praying about. For now, I am thankful to have my "outlets", as it were. Blogging, Facebook, and Skype are blessings to me because it provides me with a way to stay connected with those I love. Uninterrupted phone calls are hard to make with the girls constantly requiring my attention, but as they get older, I hope to get better at that method of communication too!








No comments:
Post a Comment