This line is made up of many, many women...all Mothers. These "Eve's" have gone before me and experienced similar things in life, in regards to children. Granted, each child is different, and a new story will be written for every new life. We Moms have the privilege of witnessing God's miracle of children and the joy of taking part in raising them for His glory! I've been thinking a lot and there are things that I have noticed about myself, as a Mom, that I would like to change...
Why do I become defensive when simple questions are asked? Why do I reject the "helping hand(s)"? Why do I automatically assume that any advice given is a criticism? Why don't I accept gifts, even if they're not on my "preferred items" list? Why don't I solicit advice from other Moms? Why do I fight so hard to have it "My way" when the children I've conceived are the Lord's anyway?
I believe that Motherhood is just as amazing as Childhood! Every Mom was once a little girl. It is a strange and wonderful concept to think that along with the birth of my girls, Motherhood was born in me. Growing pains & learning curves come with every new stage of life. I am in awe of the many women that have gone before me on this journey.
I think of Eve, the Mother of all living. What was she like as a Mother, not having any other example to live by? Who taught her how to feed her babies? Who taught her to make clothes for them? Who babysat when she was having a rough day? What did she do if they got sick? Who did she share all her joys & sorrows with, without having another female to chat with on Facebook or Skype? :) Did she complain about her Motherly duties? What was it like not having a Mother of her own? Or a childhood? How did she know what was normal baby behavior? Did she spank?
I can just picture it... "Cain just spit up all over the leather jacket that Adam made me!" "Adam, what's this stinky, brown stuff?" "Cain, Abel...Do Not ride the sheep!" "Alright boys, Mom's too tired to cook tonight, so we're having leftovers." "Abel, have you seen Mommy's shoe?"
Eve knew nothing and still had to experience it all on her own. I would cry if I were her. With this in mind, I would like to declare my gratitude to the "Eve's" (Mom's, Grandma's, Great-Grandma's, etc.) out there who do have a wealth of knowledge to share and the desire to do so. Where would we be without you? You are taken for granted, and yet you have decided to show grace to us Newbies. You have chosen to take an "Amateur" role, even when you are an Expert. Thank you for asking the questions you already know the answers to, knowing full well that we'll probably have an opinion that will be contrary to your own. Thank you for still wanting to be involved, even when we put limits on you. I'm sure it's frustrating to sit by and watch us make very similar mistakes, when you know what would be best & how to assist us. You have decided to "tread lightly" & silently walk the path of Motherhood beside us. A path that has already been well traveled by you. Thank you for allowing us to crash & burn, while still being a source of strength for us to rely on when we need you. It is such a comfort knowing that we have your unending love & support. Even though we don't show it as often as we should, please know that you are needed!! For all that you've done and continue to do...THANK YOU!!
I LOVE YOU, MOM!! And I am SO thankful for you!!








No comments:
Post a Comment