Never having been a Mom before, I do not claim to be an expert in any way, but I would like to share a bit of what I've learned thus far. It is my belief that moreso than teaching my children at this stage, it is more important that I am a student of them. The two basic concepts that I cling to daily are "Relax" & "Pray". For me, these two words are the building blocks of Motherhood. My children and the Lord will teach me how to be the best Mommy I can be. It is my prayer that Karis and Kelsie see in me a total dependence and joy in service to my Savior, and so likewise develop relationships with Him as they grow. I feel it is my primary job to keep myself close to the Lord and introduce Him to my girls through our daily activities (reading books, singing songs, playing games...). The laundry, dishes, and other chores can wait, and wait, and wait...and it's OK!
B's poem:
Regularly meet with Christ; He'll lead you through the day.
He will help you tackle whatever comes your way.
Don't fret about the hard stuff that makes you want to say,
"I think that I could stand this, if only there was pay."
Don't fret about the hard stuff that makes you want to say,
"I think that I could stand this, if only there was pay."
Instead surrender all, trust in Him and pray,
"God, You are the Potter and I am only clay".
Pursue the Lord with zeal and from Him do not stray.
The rest will come with ease, when first you seek Him and obey.








No comments:
Post a Comment