I had my first oops making dinner. I guess I'm still suffering from pregnancy mush brain. This burnt french bread was supposed to go with our spaghetti. I had fed Kelsie & was nursing Karis while on the phone with Momma. The bread was in the oven baking & beeped when it was done. I checked it & decided that I wanted it a tad more crispy, so I set the oven to broil and didn't set the timer because I knew it would only be in for a "few moments"...
...15 minutes later, I wonder where that smell is coming from and why my environment is looking a bit hazy. I quickly hang up with Mom, set my child down, open the oven to see the smoke wafting toward the smoke detector. NO!! I grab the charcoaled slices of unedibleness and threw them outside just in time for the detector to notice the smoke and start screaming! Ahhhh! CHAOS! I opened all the windows, turned on the fans, and quieted the detector by waving a cookie sheet briskly in front of it. I then turned to attend to my startled, crying babies only to find them sleeping peacefully. My fiasco didn't phase them one bit. Amazing!
Moral of the story...french bread is MEAN and is not welcome in my home until it understands the phrase, "a TAD more crispy".








Aw, poor B! I don't have twin babies and yet I always forget things in the oven like that! You're doing quite amazing!
ReplyDeleteMulti-tasking at its finest!! :) Sounds like you have your hands full...I'm surprised this was your first cooking accident with all you have to do!
ReplyDeleteOnce Simon slept through an ear piercing fire alarm in our apartment building. I grabbed him out of bed, grabbed the dog, headed down the stairs and he didn't flinch an eye! I heard their ear drums don't hear the high pitch of alarm. A great blessing from God!
ReplyDelete