Don't get me wrong, having family in town has been absolutely wonderful, but it has been difficult to get the girls on a regular type of sleeping schedule. They have slept in their swing, bouncer, pack 'n play, my arms...anywhere but the crib in their room. They have also had a pacifier (plug) from day one and Mommy is noticing a reliance on it in order to sooth themselves to sleep. But guess who has to sit there & make sure it doesn't pop out of their mouths until they start to nod off...MOMMY!
So tonight, Mommy decided to change some things. I fed my girls, burped them, swaddled them, sang to them, prayed over them, turned the mobile on and laid them down, plugless. Kelsie hemmed & hawed for a bit, but quickly drifted off. My Karis is still squawkin', but will eventually give up the fight. It's hard listening to them cry, but I want them to learn how to self-sooth and get used to a pattern so that it will be easier for all 4 of us.
Shhh...I wonder how long they'll sleep. I wonder if I can keep this routine going. I wonder when Mommy & Daddy get to sleep for more than 3 hrs. :) Pray for their peace & my endurance.








Oh, that is so tough! We went through the same thing with Nolan...but we gave up! We ended up swaddling him so that the blanket just came up over the edge of the plug and held it in until he fell asleep. Probably not the best method, but it worked! But, now that he's 2, we are starting to try to "wean" him off the plug (and it's probably even harder now!)
ReplyDelete