It was a good movie, but it hit us pretty close to home. It has caused Ian and I to think and talk a lot about our roles in regards to his job on the police force.
Y'all honestly, I never wanted to be married to a cop. That life was never something I thought I would be able to handle because I've always been scared of being alone. I tend to see the gloom before the glory in most situations. How do I let my husband leave our home everyday knowing full well that it could be the last time I see him? How do I ever let go of him, knowing it might be the last time I'll ever get to embrace him? Ian is an invaluable part of who I am, and if something ever happened to him, how could I continue on without that part of myself? These are everyday worries that I carry with me until I hold my beloved once more. Yes, I worry, but the Lord has a way of delicately refocusing our views and that is why I'm not consumed by fear. I know my husband and I know my God.
Ian is more than my Hero! He is an amazing police officer and sometimes that means he's travelling the dangerous road. "Courageous", though a well made movie, does not even come close to portraying what Ian has to face on a daily basis. He sees and deals with pure hatred & evil. But he possesses a strength that I have never seen in anyone before. He knows what's right and fights for it! He is smart, calculating and always seems to be prepared for anything. He is never taken off guard because he never lets his guard down. He is always protecting. He's very open with me regarding the difficulties & pressures of his job, but he does not bring the street problems that he faces into our home. While caring for the needs of others, he still finds time to treasure his family and touch the heart of his wife. It might sound odd, but my worry for him when he's in the thick of trouble, means that someone else doesn't have to be scared anymore. When Ian is out on the job, I feel safe and proud, not alone and frightened. And that's only due to the peace of God. He began a work in Ian and I long before we met. Ian's purpose was to be a peace officer and so was mine; his job is to make peace and mine is to live in it! When he's out keeping us safe, I am with him. I send him out with a prayer for safety and greet him again with a prayer of thankfulness! And I can tell you now, after plenty of moments of dread, that I don't wish things were different. It is hard, but the hard is what turns the good into great!
The God that my husband and I serve has numbered our days, and nothing can happen to us until God desires our presence with Him and calls us to our heavenly home. Even when Ian is away from me, Jesus Christ still faithfully walks beside him and I trust Christ with Ian's care. Therefore, Ian possesses an armor that is unseen and cannot be removed or penetrated. He is covered in love and prayers and I am confident that he is as safe as he could ever be.
One of my favorite hymns is "Because He lives". I often hum it to remind myself to surrender my fears.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know, He holds the future
And life is worth the living, just because He lives.
"...If God is for us, who can be against us?" Rom.8:31.
Continue fighting the good fight, Ian my Love!
Continue fighting the good fight, Ian my Love!








I love this post friend. Its always inspiring to see how well you uphold your husband. He is truly blessed! You guys have to live with pressures most of us will never understand. God's blessings in living life every day...day by day! Hugs!
ReplyDelete