2/2/12

More Potty Talk

Ok y'all, I'm sorry to keep posting about the potty training, but it's kind of a big deal around here right now. The girls have really impressed me the past few days. They are really starting to catch on and they're developing a stronger desire to go potty. They've made it fun! I am continuing to take an encouraging roll, rather than drilling. I ask, but don't force.

If you read yesterdays blog entry, we had successful #2's from both girls! I thought it would still be a once-in-a-few-days kind of occurrence, but this evening, they surprised me. Kelsie has been saying "ickypoo" 30 min. after I put her to bed for the past 4 days. It has become a routine and it's been difficult to determine whether or not it's a real need or just an excuse to get out of bed. Well, this evening she was in tears and would not stop crying. I went in to talk to her and she said she needed to go to the bathroom. I sighed and was pretty skeptical, but took her anyway. She sat there sucking her thumb and 3 min. later she went #2, just like she had communicated! I was SO excited for her! She stood up and said, "Yay! I did it!" There's not a lot of things that are cute about potty training, but it was SO adorable to hear say those words in her sweet, excited little voice!! She got 4 mini M&M's & a sticker on her chart! She was happy after that, curled up & went to bed! 
While I was helping Kelsie, Karis was in her crib saying "potty" repeatedly. She tends to be my jealous babe. She had already gone #2 a couple hours earlier so I knew she didn't need to go. I thought is was just an excuse to get up, but she wouldn't let it go, so I took her potty too. She sat on the musical potty seat and pushed. Sure enough, it sang!! She jumped up and clapped for herself! Rewards & praise followed. I tucked them back in and 2 hours later(10:15pm) I heard from Karis again. She started fussing, so I went to tend to her cuz I knew Kels had fallen asleep and didn't want her to wake up. Kare said she had to go potty again. Phew! I thought about forgoing this one, but took a deep breath & hauled her to the bathroom. She sat there, made going sounds & then passed gas a few times. "Yay Poopy!" she cried. She stood up and I showed her there wasn't anything in there. Told her that she would need to do more than just toot if she wanted a treat, and she sat there until a half dollar size amount of liquid made that potty chair sing!!! Ha! She was thrilled and received hugs, praises and treats! Oh how they make me laugh! That's 2 days of success in the potty department. It happens irregularly, but it happens and I'm getting the results I was hoping for...their attitudes toward the concept are staying positive! Here's hoping it continues! Normally, I wouldn't post pictures like this cuz I know that when the girls get older, they'll be bothered by it, but this one is too cute not to share. 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! Good job Momma and good job girls! I just can't imagine training two at one time. Phew......I think the pics are just too darn cute. The froggy potty cracks me up every time I see it. LOL

    ReplyDelete