1/19/11

Always learning

I felt convicted today when watching my children. They GROW. They can't help it. It's what they were designed to do. They learn something new every moment. They are in a state of constant development and they love it! They thrive on new experiences.  

This concept poked at me Spiritually. I was designed to grow too. What kind of a daily example am I setting for the little watching eyes? Do my kids see me in love with my Savior? Am I spending more time developing outward than inward? Am I a spiritual sponge? Do I ache to learn more of Christ's character and long to be like Him? 

I notice the growth in my children, but whether I'm aware of it or not, time is passing for me too. Lifetimes are made up of moments that you only get to experience once. Time is a precious gift!! One that is too often taken for granted. I don't want to look back on my day and be guilt-ridden for being unproductive. They best thing I can do for myself and my children is to daily make progress in learning more about the nature of Christ and striving to be like Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment