1/1/14

Welcome 2014!

I have to say, although some pretty amazing things happened in 2013, I am ready to say goodbye and move on to a new year...a new chapter! Every year has it's blessings, struggles & times of growth, and I'm sure 2014 will be no different.

Y'all, I am not one to establish new year's resolutions, because the moment I "decide" to do something, I always "fail" at following through. So I prefer to call it, "New Year's Intentions". By daily referring to my list of intentions, I hope to turn them into determinations! Below are a list of said intentions, some major and some minor, but all in all, I believe that improving upon these things or adopting them into my lifestyle, will be very healthy and worthwhile!

I intend:
1) to make my Savior a bigger priority (find Him in the Word, in His world & through prayer)
2) to be more loving & respectful to my husband
3) on being more gracious with my children, have a longer fuse and not yell
4) on making relationships with my family & friends grow deeper
5) to listen more
6) to talk less
7) to sing more
8) to stress less
9) to laugh more
10) to drink more water
11) to find a big book I like & read it (big deal, as this lady don't read)
12) on being a better steward of my finances & time management.
13) to hug more
14) on adding things to my blessings jar on a regular basis
15) to refine a few spiritual disciplines
16) to apologize more
17) to enjoy a hobby
18) to intercede for others on a regular basis
19) to go on walks
20) to be on electronics less (computer, iphone, television...)

Lord, help me be intentional & purposeful in doing these things!

I have also been reflecting on how truly blessed I am. I am so grateful to the Lord for His goodness to me. I see Him in my husband's embrace, in my children's smiles...and I know He is here with me. I'm thankful that He's been with me this past year and He will take my hand & lead me through another!

No comments:

Post a Comment