For those of you that aren't Mom's yet, forgive my comfort on the subject being discussed. This post is for the inquiring Mommas that are reading & considering potty training.
My 15 month old girls are fascinated with the bathroom! I have decided to hone in on their curiosity and begin the "potty" talk. Though training is still a few months out, if they are taught to be excited about it now, I believe can only help prepare us for the future. So we are beginning to find ways to encourage this side of development & will probably begin boot camp hard core when we return from our Reno trip in mid-November. They will be 19 months old.
As far as encouragement goes, once beginning boot camp, we will have a potty seat assigned to each girl and we will have regular "potty parties"(going together every 45min.) We will sing our silly song as we go and make it as fun as possible. I will also be asking frequently while signing to them, so that they can learn to use sign language when they need to go. If they do their duty, they will be praised & greatly rewarded!
I'm no stranger to "yuckiness" and though I do not have a problem with calling something what it is, there are those that would be offended by a toddler having a "potty" mouth. It seems that most of the "potty training" songs out there are full of "icky" words; they are no stranger to the word "poop" and that's not really a word that I want my girls overly comfortable with saying or singing about. And if you are anything like my husband, than you try to keep the "poopy" words to a minimum, so I came up with a song we all can sing.
(tune to "Alouette")
O the potty, let's go to the potty,
need to do our duty in the potty seat;
O the potty, let's go in the potty,
so that we can have a yummy treat!
For those of you that have already gone through this process & prevailed, I salute you!! For those in the thick of it, I pray that your little one catches on to the concept quickly. And for those yet to go thru it, along with me, I pray for patience & perseverance.








I think you are amazing! I may need a phone chat once we reach this stage. PS. I just got a nanny job for another 5 month old girl, so basically any good multitasking stills you wanna pass my way :)? I'm pretty excited about the challenge but just a tad bit scared as well.
ReplyDelete