
I wanted to share the "Honey, I'm pregnant" story with y'all. I found out the morning of September 5th when Ian was at work. I was trying to come up with a clever way to share this news with him. I took a picture of the test & kept looking at it confirming the positive result I had seen. It seemed unreal! I have a little mailbox that I made Ian and I frequently fill it with love notes & such. That is how I wanted to tell him. I decided to write him a note & attach the picture. But it wasn't quite enough, so I went to WalMart & found this adorable pair of baby shoes that say "Dad's Team" on them. I placed everything in a shoe box along with a single shoe of Ian's. The baby shoes were inside his shoe. We created someone to walk in his footsteps. The note read, "Babe, I'm not sure how to tell you this, so I'll let the shoes & picture speak for themselves. Congratulations! I love you!" Upon reading it, he was perplexed, and had no idea what was in the shoe box. He certainly was not thinking BABY. He opened the box, and said, "Really? Are you serious?" :) Yup...pretty darn :) Now I'm twice the serious! He informed me recently that he needs another pair of baby shoes :)








What a great way to tell him - I loved it!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute way to share the news.
ReplyDeleteSo fun!I'm not sure I could have waited all day though! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you guys. I was wondering if you already knew when we were in town! Congratulations and we will be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteSweet story
ReplyDelete