8/31/09

"A little leaven leavens the whole lump." Gal.5:9

Pastor Brian encouraged us to read through Galatians this week. He also challenged the congregation to memorize it. Not sure how far I'll get :) I read through this Epistle of Apostle Paul this morning & wanted to share some of the truths that stood out to me. Be encouraged & notice Christ today, friends.

"For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ."
"God shows personal favoritism to no man..."
"If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?"
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
"But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?"
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."
"For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."
"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."
"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in a trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness..."
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ."
"From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment